How to Start a eBay Reseller Business
eBay is an online shopping and auction venue that allows people to buy and sell used or new products, either as a business or as a way to clear out clutter and make a bit of extra cash.
While the site is free to use, eBay does charge some seller fees. There’s a per-item insertion fee and a final value fee, as well as fees for any additional but optional features used.
What is needed:
- eBay Store
- List Your Items
- Where to begin:
- Product– It is as simple as looking around your house and sell something of no use or value to you. Areas to do search like Flea Markets, Thrift Stores or Garage sales.
- Set up your eBay store account
- Start listing your items
- Price your items– Performing a simple eBay search for the specific item you’re looking to list should give you a good idea of the right ballpark figure.However, sometimes prices may vary wildly—some sellers prefer to list items with fixed prices while others prefer to start with a much lower price and run their sale as an auction.
- Set up your offline eBay headquarters– While you’re still in the beginning stages of building your eBay business, spend a little time thinking about how it will function offline. Meaning—where do you store your inventory? Do you have a dedicated workstation for packaging up your shipments?Especially when you’re first starting out, just make it work for you. You can get started in your spare room or garage.
Don’t over complicate it. But do think ahead, especially if you’re looking at growing your business and inventory quickly. Start with putting together a good record-keeping system so you know what you’ve got on hand in terms of inventory, and you can find it easily.
Decide how to store your eBay stock
Keep track of your inventory
Set up your packing supplies and workstation
- Startups: Education, Community, and Tools to help startups launch faster.
- QuickBooks: Bookkeeping and beyond. Get the smarter tools you need, and the assistance to keep you confident.
- BookMark: Ai powered website builder get your business online in minutes.
- Deliverr: Fast and Affordable Fulfillment. Accelerate your Walmart, eBay, Amazon, Shopify, and Wish sales
- UniTel: Virtual phone system that lets entrepreneurs run & grow their business from anywhere.
- PackHelp: Packhelp is the one-stop-shop for creating a unique unboxing experience by connecting everyone from SME’s to enterprises to a wide range of custom packaging options.
- Shorby: Get the most out of your bio links in your social media.
- Article Writing Company: Need great articles about your product or business description? See what effective content writing can do for you and your business.
- Hippo Video: A video engagement platform that helps you connect with your prospects and lifts your sales, marketing, and support efforts.
- LogoTypeMaker: Create and design your own logo online! Don’t let a someone else envision your business. Online logo maker you’ll enjoy! Don’t hire a designer. Be one!